mercedes s420

mercedes s420 ,1995, just purchased, in excellent condition,all records, 200k miles and still purrs ,burns no oil, however are there any 420 owners out there that can give me the skinny on what kinds of dilemna?s you have ahd with your 420 or recalls?

Reply to
bigbenz

Hi. I have a 320 & all i can say is that you will in time have the door closing aid fail & also the heater blower regulator will fail. This aside it should go on for ages with proper servicing! :lol

"bigbenz" wrote

Reply to
sk2540

The engine's timing chains break and that wrecks the valves, cams etc. The chains are good for 120K+/- miles after which, some say, one is on borrowed time. Try to find out when the chains were replaced or, if unknown, have a shop check the chains' stretch as a wear indicator and replace them if in doubt.

Reply to
-->> T.G. Lambach