Need help with injector system '91 300CE

Is it possible to replace the airflow sensor plate potentiometer? I can't see how it's coupled to the injector body. No fasteners are visible.Help please.

Reply to
Jerry W

I'm curious about this: how did you found that your POT is shot without even knowing how to remove it? It's vey simple, but i will tell you if, you tell me first.

Reply to
mobi

What make you think that part is bad?

Reply to
Tiger

This could be a case of mistaken identiy...the device to which I refer is mounted on the front side of the fuel disributor body. I tested it simply by removing the three pin plug and measuring the resistance between the the pins as I moved the air flow sensor plate slowly. The resistance was jumpy rather than being a nice steady change as the sensor plate was depressed slowly. OK.. how does it come off? For what it's worth, this is the proceedure outlined in in a VW Fox manual where the setup appears to be identical to the MB. I've gotten involved with all this be cause the idle speed is erratic. Sometimes its 600, sometimes 1200 and occasionally 1600. I've replaced the idle control motor to no avail.

Reply to
Jerry W

Ok, i see now. The fasteners are 2 torx covered by a plastic measuring

1" X 1/4 " in the outside body of the POT. You must mark the exact POT position before removing it from the air sensor plate, with a pen, for instance, because you'll have to put it back at the same position after cleanning or replacing it. Remove very gently this plastic cover with a little screwdriver, it's not the circled plastic part, i's the other, with a soft arc shape. Hope this helps, RSalles
Reply to
mobi

Reply to
Jerry W