Noisy A/C Circulation Pump on W124

Recently my 93 300E2.8 a/c circulation pump (next to 2 mono valves) has been giving out laud and high pitch humming sound whenever the a/c is on. Could I just change the pump or I have to change the mono valves too? Any idea on how to change those items?

Reply to
PinHooi Tee

Hi,

Are you referring to the auxillary water pump on the (right-hand drive) drivers side?

If you are in a warm climate, (according to your email, you are in Malaysia), then it's not really needed, as the heater core may leak in time (> 10 years). My mechanic here in Singapore advised me to bypass the whole system. i.e. remove the pump, and plug the lines.

Regards, WS

Reply to
ws