P0715 P0720

I have a 97 S500 in the shop with P0715 and P0720 codes. I replaced the connector plate in the valve body and tested the solenoids and speed sensors. They are showing good readings from the connector with an ohmeter. The code come back after clearing and road testing and the trans stays in limp. I can only read OBD II generic codes with my scan tool. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Jeff Bach CRT Auto Electronics

Reply to
Jeff Bach

I recently acquired a 97 S-320 which went into limp mode (transmission only works in 2nd or reverse). My scanner received codes P0715 & P0720 from the OBD 2 (input/output speed sensor malfunction). Jeff: how did you end up fixing your car? Does anyone else have any suggestions regarding what the problem may be. Research suggests that on of the rear wheel speed sensors might be the problem.

Reply to
nduguyako