Parts

I'm looking for a good source for quality used parts for a 89 300e

Thanks

Reply to
jake fry

Hey Jake,

any Benz junkyard in your area should be able to help you with that. You can get parts really cheap when you can drive there and pick them up yourself... I saved a fortune by perusing them in my area. Often, however, you can just go with a new part. They're not terribly expensive online. The cheapest online Benz part deal I've found is

(and no, I don't work for them :) Another to try is
but they're usually a bit more expensive (by a few dollars here and there), but sometimes they have parts the other doesn't. I hope that helps, but I guess that depends on the parts you're looking for.

Daniel

Reply to
Daniel Schuler

Hey Dan, I just scoped out a few items in the Importec catalog, and to be honest, they're no bargain. I suggest you check out buymbparts.com...Rusty can beat Importec's price on W123 Bilstein shocks, subframe bushings, Behr radiators and a couple other items I checked on that I can't recall at the moment. I've blown a fair amount of cash on old MB parts, but I vividly remember what I spent on most of them...

Russ Maki '82 300cd '71 250/8 '82 300td '83 633Csi '87 325ic '87 4000cs quattro (Rod Ramsey at The Parts Connection for Audi stuff)

Reply to
Russ Maki

Potomac German Auto Parts in Md. Search for them on Google.

Reply to
pkmaven

Two suggestions:

  1. TriStarPete.com for used parts. They are in Tempe, AZ and ship everyday via UPS.

  1. PerformanceProducts.com for new products. They're in Van Nuys, CA and carry a wide range of MB parts for all models. If you sign-up on their website for their newsletter, they often send an Internet Only message that provides a 15% discount for online orders.

I've purchased parts from both and have been very happy with both the service and the price.

Lee

Reply to
Cargoman2001

Hey, good to know Russ! I'll check it out. I've just been happy with the one place because they're cheaper than the dealer. That alone made my day :) But I'll take a look at the other place, these things are never cheap by any standard... Thanks!

Daniel

Reply to
Daniel Schuler