Petrol smell in cabin in 190E

1993 190E auto. At times I notice a petrol smell in the cabin after the car has stood overnight or longer. There is no obvious leak and no service person has ever commented.

Your suggestions welcome.

Many thanks. DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Are you sure it is gas not oil? Oil is possible in the car as the oil pressure gauge does use oil line on some models... like the 2.3L.

If you are positive it is fuel, then I'd say it is probably the warm up regulator on the side of the fuel distributor... black retangular thing... again, this is on 2.3.

Reply to
Tiger

Thanks, but I have the 2.0. I am pretty sure the smell is not oil.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling
2.0 and 2.3 is pretty much same engine... take off the air filter housing and look for gas leak around the distributor... black retangular thing...
Reply to
Tiger

Consider how old those rubber hoses are...

Reply to
Richard Sexton

True...

DAS