Rad Fluid leak in a 300SEL

Hello,

I have a 1988 300SEL. I have a radiator fluid leak somewhere above the oil pan. You can see the fluid dripping right under the oil pan. The area above the oil pan is too tight and I wasn't able to see anything with a flash light. Are there any hoses carrying the radiator fluid in that area? and if yes, is it easy to replace? Appreciate your help in advance.

Reply to
Hanz

Rad Fluid leak in a 300SEL Group: alt.auto.mercedes Date: Fri, Jul 4, 2003, 9:56pm From: snipped-for-privacy@JoiMail.com (Hanz) Hello, I have a 1988 300SEL. I have a radiator fluid leak somewhere above the oil pan. You can see the fluid dripping right under the oil pan. The area above the oil pan is too tight and I wasn't able to see anything with a flash light. Are there any hoses carrying the radiator fluid in that area? and if yes, is it easy to replace? Appreciate your help in advance.

**************************************************** If its anything like mine (not the same model) it was a water pump (couldn't see where it was coming from, too) including the idler tensioner assy and shock absorber it was (gulp) $1,100.00. My mechanic (dealer) pressure tested the system and you could see the coolant leaking. IMO not a DIY unless you have the tools and know-how. Ciao!
Reply to
DefLizard