Re: 35, divorced, teacher, and drives a mercedes..opinions?

A top poster educating somebody on the use of filters.

How interesting.

Reply to
Awoken Spirit

You dont have much to say, do you?

Reply to
Awoken Spirit

Did a top poster cheat you out of some money once? You really need to get over it. And by the way, what part of not opening my post did you not understand? You can avoid all this fustration, kid, by just saying no.

Reply to
wolfpuppy

Ok, I'll buy that. Guess I didn't count the right number of carrots in front and behind the lines of text. My bad. For whatever reason, I don't think I actually saw the original post, but maybe I missed it. Threads can be a bit odd sometimes. Sometimes I think I would like to learn how to "snip", but it looks like it would take awhile and I don't think anyone would want to read a post that goes on too long anyway. Sounds like a poster was making a joke and I got caught up in it....I still think, though, in spite of the bickering that goes on in here and other newgroups, that

99.99% of the posters are pretty cool dudes and dudettes. In some respects, better than a chatroom, which I've never been all that fond of.

Later, and have a good weekend.

Reply to
wolfpuppy

Don't care much for personal insults. If you are going to call someone a name because you didn't like what he or she said in a post, you cannot complain when the respondee fires one back. You will note that, unless I am called out, I do not resort to name-calling. I don't mind overall bickering and arguing, and I don't hold a grudge more than, say, 10 or 20 minutes, but sometimes posters tend to get a little too personal.

As for having much to say, that would depend on the topic. Got a lot to say about many things, as would you, I'm sure, and am totally ignorant on other things. If you want to talk about dogs, Mercedes, cooking, firearms, high-end watches, politics (ok, that one we might want to leave alone. I'm pretty anti-liberal in that area), then I got mucho to say. Then there are subjects I know little or nothing about, just like anyone else. I can promise you this much--if I don't know something, I won't say I do. If I do know something about an issue or subject, I would say so. I always back my arguments and points with an authority.

For someone who doesn't have much to say, perhaps I've said too much. Nobody likes a post that goes on too long, so I'll leave it here. Besides, my shepherds are chasing each other through the house and that is not a pretty sight. We must be off.

Reply to
wolfpuppy

How exactly would a top poster go about that, silly?

I could but I shall not. Your posts are far too funny to ignore, it is like watching a small child bashing their head into a metal skip with sharp edges, repeatedly wiping the blood from their eyes.

Reply to
Awoken Spirit

I find chat rooms a very arcaic method of communicating. More than five people causes nothing other than a load of "ASL" messages and "anyone want to chat" and are only fun with a couple of bots running.

Reply to
Awoken Spirit

Well, good. Glad my posts are amusing. Nice to have an audience, even one that throws a stone or two now and again. Does tend to point out, though, how mere text can be taken a variety of different ways when there is no emotion attached to it, as would be in a conversation. By the way, what the hell is a metal skip?

Reply to
wolfpuppy

FYI skips normally are made of metal.

Enter the word "skip" here:

See option 5. (At least, it was 5 when I looked).

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

That would be the purpose of following the posting convention of posting your response underneath the quoted text. People who top post could be responding to anything in the post and therefore just look silly.

A skip being a large waste recepticle often found in use while builders are working. Most of them, if not all, are made of metal.

In case you are still confused:

Awoken Spirit

You wouldn't be referring to, like, a stair, or stairway, by any chance? (for a moment I flashed on an image of children skipping rope with a metal cable...not a pretty picture)

Reply to
wolfpuppy

It's a fancy word for a big rubbish bin. Please read my post (with picture) or perhaps read the post you are responding to properly (for a change).

Reply to
Awoken Spirit

Hey, hey, hey....let's play nice here. I try to be nice and you start getting personal again.

Reply to
wolfpuppy

I am not getting personal. If somebody asks a silly question or says something silly I will tell them they are being silly. It is my nature to just tell it the way it is rather than attacking problems from a side angle and not getting anywhere.

In my post I told you what a skip was and gave you the URL to a picture of one so that you can relate to whatever word you use in your part of the world (I know in the US you say "garbage" where we say "rubbish"). The post you responded to gave you the URL to an online dictionary.

You have to read the post properly and consider following links given to you before you respond, because if you take a post out of context or ask a question that was answered in the post you just make yourself look silly. There is no way I can sugar-coat what I have just said.

Reply to
Awoken Spirit

Fair enough, but, no offense to your post, I never engage a link from a newsgroup. Unfortunately, many of these links are malicious and contain viruses, and I prefer not to take a chance on that. That said, I deal with whatever info is in the post only. It's too bad that many honest people have to suffer for the actions of a few, but it is what it is.

Reply to
wolfpuppy

Use a virus checker and a browser that does not run malicious code religiously and you will be fine. Or just dump Windows altogether is much better advice.

Reply to
Awoken Spirit