1980 450SL Drive Shaft Center Bearing Mount

How stiff should the rubber mount be? Every thing looks intact but it is easier to deflect the shaft than I thought it would be. I can move the drive shaft about 1/2 inch with by pushing by hand with say 15 to

20 lbs. force. Is this normal?

Thanks!

Reply to
jaybutter

the baring is suspended in rubber in that mount, some movement is normal so as not to transmit any vibration to the car body. If the rubber is cracked, replace it.

Reply to
taxman

Make sure to check the flex disks in the drive shaft while you are there!

Reply to
Martin Joseph