removable rear seats

Can anybody help? We removed the rear seats of our Mercedes A-Class 140 and when my husband went to put them back, he managed to jam the first
(single) seat on the wrong side. It's now completely jammed and we can't get it out. Has anybody else had this problem? It's going to cost a fortune to fix otherwise.

Get a new husband.
Or a bigger hammer...