Child seats in a Discovery 300tdi

Hi,

Has anyone managed to successfully fit2 children (one under 4 and the other new born) car seats in the rear seats of Discovery 300tdi behind the driver and passenger?

When we just had the one child, we had to add an additional lap belt in the centre seat (to make it longer) and fix the car seat to this. He has just moved up to a larger sized child seat which uses the normal 3 point harness. It won't go in the back because the mounting points look too high on the 'C' Pillar and the bit it clips into comes to far out of the seat and fouls the plastic seat (it's a Britax). It also moves all over the place on the seat from side to side. It's going in the wife's Golf no problem as it has ISO fittings.

Any views/help appreciatted - I'm selling my Discovery (

because of this problem and after cleaning it up and fixing a coupleof things it really is a shame to let it go this way. cheers Gavin

Reply to
GS

Sell the child seat not the car !

Just got a Britax Evolver, fits no problem.

Reply to
Geoff

) because of this problem and after cleaning it up and fixing a couple> of things it really is a shame to let it go this way.>

well, my M plate v8 (so guess thats 300tdi in body terms) takes my 6 years old and two year old no problemo. and we had no problems in the K plate rangie classic either

We only use britax - Club class, eclipse and First Class Si are the seats we have, and switch them between the Disco and SWMBO mundano

Si

Reply to
GrnOval

Just talking to SWMBO, and we apparantly have in the disco right now - a britax evolver for the 6 yo, and the Britax Club Class extra for the 2yo (from birth she says the First Class Si cant be beaten)

HTH

Si

Reply to
GrnOval

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm really surprised that you have Britax seats. Do you really get no movement at all - side to side/ twisting of the seat ? I have leather seats - I wonder if that is causing some of the movement.

Doe's the Britax First Glass Si lock onto the belt at all? The Britax one we have just bought for our 3 year old just threads through the seat (with him inside) and clips in clasp. It's as loose as a loose thing and as I've said just doesn't look like it would hold him in the event of a shunt. When he was born we bought a Graco one from Toysrus which, when we showed the 'In Car Safety Centre' in MK how it was installed (3 point harness) they said it was dangerous as it moved around (just like the Britax does now)

If anyone could take any pictures of their seat and send it to me I'd be very grateful.

Thanks Gavin

Reply to
GS