Removeing Door panel, 97 320e

I have started to gather rust around the exterior side molding on the driverside door. It is dead of winter here so this will be a spring project.

Can anyone tell me how-to (or point me somewhere ) remove the door panel and side molding?

Also, has anyone else suffered "early rust-ossis" on the driver side door panel for this model year?

This is the same car that I had the right front spring mount rust clean off of.

MTIA,

Ken

Reply to
Ken Bleau

Can anyone tell me how-to (or point me somewhere ) remove the door panel and side molding?

Also, has anyone else suffered "early rust-ossis" on the driver side door panel for this model year?

This is the same car that I had the right front spring mount rust clean off of.

MTIA,

Ken

Reply to
Larry Morris

Can anyone tell me how-to (or point me somewhere ) remove the door panel and side molding?

Also, has anyone else suffered "early rust-ossis" on the driver side door panel for this model year?

This is the same car that I had the right front spring mount rust clean off of.

MTIA,

Ken

Reply to
Larry Morris

Can anyone tell me how-to (or point me somewhere ) remove the door panel and side molding?

Also, has anyone else suffered "early rust-ossis" on the driver side door panel for this model year?

This is the same car that I had the right front spring mount rust clean off of.

MTIA,

Ken

Reply to
Bernard Farquart

Really. . . I feel the same way. The front spring mount had completely rusted away where it was welded to the frame. There was a bead of silicone running across the top of the weld, beneath it were the "shale-like" remnants of a Press part. The door is another thing all together. I noticed that when you close the front door on this model year, the door panel "flex's" momentary. (a polite way of saying; "the door steel is as cheesy as a pizza box").

Nothing like my 83. The doors on that close with the proverbial VAULT like sound. I assume this "flexing" may have cause stress fractures or perhaps a wear mark that exposed the sheet metal beneath.

Can anyone tell me how-to (or point me somewhere ) remove the door panel and side molding?

Also, has anyone else suffered "early rust-ossis" on the driver side door panel for this model year?

This is the same car that I had the right front spring mount rust clean off of.

MTIA,

Ken

Reply to
Ken Bleau

Is this a trend?

I have tended to avoid the "version 1.0" releases myself From the W115 -> W 123 -> W124, IIRC, the earlier models had more serious rust and mechanical problems, while the later releases suffered more from failures of the "featuritis" and electricals rather than the base mechanicals.

Looks like the W210 series is going to be the same way too. The later release of the W210 didn't last long either, and the W211 took over. Let's see if the change was like that from W110->W115.

Regards, WS

Reply to
Lee Wei Shun