My door speaker needs replacing on my 1999 E240. The door inside
panel requires to be removed. After removing the screw under the
grab handle, door lock sub panel and popping the door panel sides out
I cannot see how to get the top of the panel off.
Additionally I don't want the side airbag to fire!
Can anyone help with this and maybe also give me a part number for
1. Remove the SRS-airbag label by pulling it out
2. Remove the plastic that surrounds the inside door-handle by pulling out
3. Remove screw under door handle
4. Remove "step-out" light under the door, pull out and remove wires
5. Start popping out the doorpanel about where the locking mechanism is
6. Continue popping out panel close to the mirror, then center of door (use
tool to bend panel upwards)
7. Now the panel is loose but you will have to disconnect the hook for the
8. Remove doorpanel
Don worry, its attached to the door, it wont go off.
If you need more help, I have a video of the procedure... email me at
news dot thomas at netcom dot no
Thanks. I assume that a point 6 I will be looking to release a pop-
out which is located at the top center of the door panel maybe
somewhere near the glass?
Does the panel have to be "lifted off" the door lock button?
Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.