Resale Value of a Low Mileage Mercedes

What should be the approximate resale value of a 2006 C230 (purchase price $29,000)with 5000 miles at year 5?

Reply to
rk73737

Nobody can give you that answer. Used cars' depreciation governs their values; their actual mileage vs. "normal" mileage for their age (about

11K / year) is an adjustment to the depreciated value - about $.12/mile, less as the car ages.

If you're lucky and the market is reasonable 50% x $29,000 = $14,500 plus up to $6,000 for very very low mileage - but only for the buyer who wants a 5 year old car with only 5,000 miles use.

Suggest you drive it or sell it.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Crystal ball says zero.

Look out for that bridge abutment!

Reply to
Martin Joseph

I wouldn't buy it. Not *enough* miles on it. Generally, cars are for driving. And I'm no collector. Maybe Jay Len-o would like it?

Collin KC8TKA

Reply to
Cheesehead

Figure (trade-in) value drops to ((.8 x cost) / year). Resale value very dependent on history, records and your sales ability.

Jan

Reply to
JMW