SBC a parkinson brake ?

Currently I drive a SLK32 AMG, but I am unsure if my next car will be a DC.

All of the newer models I "evaluated" had the SBC which was labeled "parkinson brake" by me.

My first encounter with the SBC was in a E500 W211. I first noticed the vibration and sound of the fluid pump for the SBC each

10 Brake pedal hits or so. (But luckily this was not noticeable in a SLK55 AMG).

Also did I notice a little annoying delay from pressing the brake pedal to the actual deceleration.

This could be described as a filter between the force on the brake pedal and the actual force on the brakepads. This filter may intentionally be implemented in the processing electronics and causes quite noticeable group-delay and high frequency damping.

On a SL55 AMG I also tested the SBC was very similar. If you kick the brake pedal hard, but shortly almost no braking happens. If you do the same on a "conventional" braking system you get the wheels to stop for a short time.

I don't like this slow reaction of the SBC brake, and labeled it "parkinson brake". On a AMG I expect not only the engine to be "impulsive".

I am not sure if DC can keep this "feature" up by saying "this is increased comfort", especially on a AMG.

What experiences do others have with the SBC parkinson brake ?

Raymund Hofmann

Reply to
raymund hofmann