SLK Rear Axle Problem

Wife's SLK left rear wheel and tire are t an angle in at the top or out at the bottom. Ask the Dealer to adjust it from day one. Four or five occasions. We've been told 1they are all like that, or 2 there is no adjustment,3 there is nothing wrong with it. Tried to find a link to Mercedes USA but it keeps insisting I install latest version of flash play which is already installed and will not go anywhere. The situation is nor right with the axle?? How do I get hold of Mercedes USA or whomever to tlk to them about the problem?

Reply to
nada

I would first take the car to any alignment place and have them do a printout of before and after result and give it to you. You will have to pay for this service but if your rear tire is way out of alignment, the shoip will inform you and give you a proof.

With this proof and along with all the receipts of you asking them to fix that rear axle... you have a concrete reason to contact MBUSA for corrective service.

Our Customer Assistance Center is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to assist you. If the information you seek is not at our Customer Care web page, contact us at 1-800-FOR-MERCEDES (1-800-367-6372), or send correspondence to: Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC Customer Assistance Center 3 Mercedes Drive Montvale, NJ 07645.

If what you said is correct and the car is new, I'd suspect damage before they sold you the car... possibly an accident, either car and curb, or car axle bent during transportation... etc.

Reply to
Tiger