SLK230 convertible Top Switch Problems

I'm having a problem with my convertible top switch, when the roof is put down everything is fine for a few

Min. then the switch starts flashing and beeping, the only way to get it to stop is to put the roof

Back up then back down again...then the same thing stars all over again in a few min. can anyone help

snipped-for-privacy@cox.net

Reply to
nasa1957

It will give that alarm when the trunk is overfilled while the top is down, or if the trunk lid isn't completely down and hydraulically locked by the roof mechanism.

There is a diagram of the roof wiring and switches on alldatadiy.com (subscription required) that shows the microswitches involved in the roof. A couple of the microswitches at the forward part of the trunk may need adjustment to confirm that the lid is stowed and locked after putting the top down.

My previous SLK did something similar, but when it was supposed to be closed. It was a defective wire to a microswitch that confirmed the hydraulic locking at the windshield had occurred. Changed the wire, and it was fixed. And I stopped overfilling the trunk to avoid the alarm when putting the top down.

Reply to
Rugbyguy