snow load on convertible top?

Ok, it's snowing like crazy here in NH and we're supposed to get a couple of feet of snow from this storm before it's done. Not a big deal for me, I've
seen this kind of weather before. However, I didn't own a convertible before this year. Now for the big question: just how much snow will a convertible top hold without collapsing? Should I go out to the driveway every few hours and clear off the car, or just wait until the storm is finished? Seriously. I would imagine that there is a weight limit for that roof and once that limit is exceeded it will just collapse. I'd hate to see that happen. Or am I just paranoid?
Thanks, -=RaOuL '87 Mustang LX convertible
Just use common sense... four inches is pretty usual, 2 feet is pushing it.
It would be a good idea to brush off the entire car while you're at it.
Dont try to get it all, i use a soft floor broom and just push it off.
RaOuL opined in

I never took a chance with my convertible. I never let more than 6 inches build up before I would go out and clear off the roof.
RaOuL wrote:

Unless you're seeing exceptionally wet, heavy snow up there, I wouldn't worry about it. If the top is in good shape you'll be fine.
Down here on Cape Ann (Surfs up!) we're getting a lot of snow, but it's of the light, fluffy variety. Hell, I can't even _see_ my car, it's been consumed by a drift. :D
--
John C. (lovin' the white stuff)
'03 Cobra Convt.

worry
the
by a

LOOOL!! That's hilarious!
-Mike
-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch 255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

of
consumed
One thing you might want to consider int he future though. Just because I said so.
Try getting a car cover for it during this harsh time of year. It will keep the ice and snow from forming directly on the top and when yo DO have to scrape/push/broom it off you will have less abuse overall to your car.
Yep, the cover will be a mess but it would shake out and you could pop it into the dryer and start all over again.
Why in the heck would you leave it outside anyway?
Kate
| > | > Unless you're seeing exceptionally wet, heavy snow up there, I wouldn't | worry | > about it. If the top is in good shape you'll be fine. | > | > Down here on Cape Ann (Surfs up!) we're getting a lot of snow, but it's of | the | > light, fluffy variety. Hell, I can't even _see_ my car, it's been consumed | by a | > drift. :D | > -- | |
Around 1/23/2005 4:12 PM, SVTKate wrote:

If he's like me, the only place inside with enough room would be in the family room... :)
--
/ Garth - '83 GL V6stang Hatch <Former MW #7> \
| My V6stang: http://www.v6stang.com/v6stang |
Well, you have a point. I think I'd find or build a way to keep it out of that though.
Heck, when we were house hunting one thing that we had a little trouble finding was a house that had an attached garage. Didn't settle for less though.
Kate
for secure reply information /
My predicament exactly! It was a choice between the baby's crib or the Stang in the driveway for the winter. The Stang lost :(
for secure reply information /
I may not be too clear here... the baby is in the garage? Or you don't have a garage? Or you are working on a crib and have no room left in the garage?
Never mind... it's really not any of my business.
for secure reply information / | |
Naw, I don't have a garage :( Up until about 14 months ago it would have been possible to claim enough empty square feet inside the house, but that space has been filled....
...But if I did have a garage, I'd probably end up "camping" out there myself!
-=RaOuL
for secure reply information /