Speedometer

The milage part of the speedometer does not work at all. Trip meter nor the milage counter. It does indicate the correct speed rate of the vehicle. Have removed from vehicle and am getting no voltage to the leads that connect to the back of the unit. Have checked all fuses. Any help would be great. Thanks Bill

Reply to
tapdrive

It is most likely that the plastic gears broke on the odometer portion... you need to replace all three gears to guarantee trouble free life. There is one gear that you must count how many teeth to get the exact replacement.

odometergears.com is where I buy them from.

Reply to
Tiger

Send it to Overseas Speedometer. They can repair it very reasinably. They've done two for me.

Reply to
ChrisH

I've used overseas odometer as well. They're great. Send it there. I don't have their address handyu, but they used to have a web-site. If you can't find that there is also Palo Alto Speedometer repair, but they do the same thing for more money. I have about forty thousand miles on my repaired speedometer, and it's still working great!

Reply to
Hazey