"Squeeeky Turns"

I have an '86 300E and it squeaks horribly when I hit bumps and especially when turning...funny thing is, it doesn't do it right after a rain and I go through water? I've tried all types of spray lubes and still cannot find the problem. Anyone else have that type of problem or do I simply need to replace something?

Thanks,

Cirmot

Reply to
Mark Cirmot

I had similar symptoms on an '87 (mostly on hard turns into the driveway) and it turned out to be the balljoints. They were not worn out, just frozen.

Reply to
Scott D

Reply to
Classic Car Fair

Hi,

Reply to
yOOrek

Me too.. the squeaky sound started after I had my front brake pads and rotor done... i guess it was coincidence that it started squeaking whenever i make a right or left turn... it sounded like an arthritic car...

anyways, i brought my car back and it turns out that the joint that connects the front steering column rubber has dried up and thus required a new one with lubrication...

this was for my 190E '93 2.3L MB...

R Green Technical Support

Reply to
R Green - WoWsat.com

Check the thin metal backing plate behind the rotor. Just cured a squeak in the front end of my Porsche by tweaking the plate just a bit with a screwdriver. Took a stethoscope and someone bouncing on the bumper to track down the source - which turned out to be a small point of contact at the bottom of the plate with a suspension part.

If you can duplicate the squeak while the car is stationary, it shouldn't be too hard to track down.

DS

Reply to
DS