St. Louis Mechanic? Dead 450slc

Hi All:

I'm in St. Louis and need a MBZ mechanic or at least one who can service a Bosch K-Jetronic system. I know and like GLB Motor Works, but they can't get me in until Wednesday (should have been a Benz mechanic instead of getting a doctorate!).

I've got a 1980 450slc that won't start. I think it's a fuel problem rather than spark because it will catch for a few seconds when I use starting fluid. I'm using it as a daily driver and need to get it back on the road ASAP

Thanks! Paul

Reply to
nomadjones

Should have made clear that "Wednesday" was next week!

-Paul

Reply to
nomadjones

First thing I would do is check the fuel pump relay. There is a date stamped on the side of it... if it is more than 10 years old, it is goner, so get a new one.

Reply to
Tiger

Tiger:

Your the MAN! Your diagnosis was spot on. I tapped the relay and it started right up. Time to order a new one.

Thanks aga> First thing I would do is check the fuel pump relay. There is a date stamped

Reply to
nomadjones