Tire comparison

I put Continental Conti Sport VMax tires on the car. I looked at various sites on the Intenet trying to compare the different brands but didn't see the info I hoped for. The Continentals are smooth as glass at any speed. Anyone have experience with Pilot Sport Cups, Goodyears or any of the others? The Dunlops were used by many but a tread rating of 80 you would have to change tires every three days. The tread wear ratings on the Continentals is 280 which sitll isn't going to get you 8,000 miles. Tire life is a concern.

Reply to
Bob Crachet

I suggest that you go to a library and look for Consumer Reports. They have lots of info on tires. Personally I think Michelins are the best.

Reply to
Loony

Tirerack.com or tires.com is the place to look up for the reviews.

I find Continental tires tends to be super smooth on the road and has a sharp turning feel while the tire feels comfortable... as a bit of give so the ride is not so jarring. General tires are also owned by Continental and has the same feel.

I don't care for Michelin, Goodyear or Firestone.

Dunlop is not my favorite either. I had one set... they have good grip but super soft sidewall.

Forget Nitto... they are affordable and go excellent grip but rides like a rock. Similar to Michelin.

Most of the tires I buy are strictly summer and winter tires. Not all season.

Long long long time ago, I bought all seasons but that was before I learn all about tires.

Reply to
Tiger

Good points Tiger. I'll have to study that.

Reply to
Loony