Vibration under braking at speed .

w124 230TE 1991 ....

I have a vibration that feels like a warped brake disc .. however it is not ?felt? through the steering wheel nor the brake pedal . The faster you are travelling the heavier the vibration . Is there any other possible explanation other than a warped disc ... bushes or anything else ??

I would guess that the vibration area is left & rear .

Reply to
tbone

Wheels and tires out of balance.

Another possibility is worn suspension bushings... On your car it would be the lower control arm bushing/ball joint... so buy a whole new unit.

Reply to
Tiger

In message news:987605 snipped-for-privacy@autoboardz.com, tbone sprach forth the following:

Flat spot on a tire?

Reply to
Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute

In my case it was a bulge in a tire.

Ximinez

Reply to
The Spanish Inquisition

I had a severe shuddering when braking from speed on my 1987 300E when I first bought it in 1999. It assumed it was warped brake discs as that was exactly what it felt like.

I replaced the worn our tires with new Michelins and it has never shuddered when braking since. It rode smoothly so I don't suspect tire balance, separation bulge, or flat spot was the cause.

Pete Cowper

1987 300E
Reply to
Pete Cowper