w124 throttle feel

I've driven four w124s--one with a four-cylinder, and three with sixes. All of them seem to have this heavy throttle spring, or something--when I push gently on the throttle while stopped, nothing happens, then, as I press harder, the car (with my uneducated foot?) surges forward.

I'm assuming one gets used to this, as I don't hear people complaining about it.

I've never driven a w124 with a v8 (400e/e420). Do these feel the same way?

Thank you,

Mike

Reply to
minearebrass

Could just be the way the cable is adjusted. I think my 1986 190e also has a slight dead spot in the gas peddle before throttle actuation. This is something you get used to and don't even think about after a couple of days.

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Normal