LRP and Esso

Just been to the local Esso garage (Henley) they've stopped selling LRP, and by the Esso flyers on the counter it looks like Esso are stopping it in a number of garages.

Having only come back to classic cars recently, (and I apologise if I open old arguments) what's the best thing to do? a) use unleaded (or super unleaded) with an additive (if so which?) b) get the head machined with valve inserts (if so can anyone suggest an engineers in south Oxfordshire?)

If it's converted to run on unleaded, then what's the new timing?

Thanks guys

Reply to
Martin Akehurst

There are a limited number of garages still selling traditional four star, expensive but far better than LRP.

In Oxfordshire there are two garages I know of selling real four star. They are....

BANBURY Little Bourton Garage Southam Road Little Bourton OX17 1RH

01295 758345

THAME Tinnington Garage Oxford Road Tiddington OX9 2LH

01844 339210

Hope this helps, you will probably find you get better mpg with 4 star than with LRP and its far better for your engine.

Regards John

Reply to
John