Re: Petrol fuel quality !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all, I have read the post a bit down this list and it got me thinking I have a

2.0 Ltr SOC Sierra ( ok someone had to have them ) and have been using Tesco unleaded with Castrol additive for some years and occasionally get some pinking, so the other day I went to our local Esso and put £30.00 worth of super unleaded with Castrol additive. WOW car goes so much better like having a new engine !!!!!!!!!!! Would this better performance work out to better fuel economy and so get more miles out of the fuel and counter the .90pence a litre that I paid !!!!! My question is, am I right in thinking that super unleaded is a close match to the good old 4 star without the lead content if so would I need to adjust the ignition timing back to the original setting as if it was using 4 star ?? Last of all which is worse or does it not make much difference??

Rich

-- To reply remove " spam "

Reply to
Rich

The message from "Rich" contains these words:

Try it and see. I used to run the wife's Metro at nearer the 4* ignition timing even when I converted it to UL. I've always been happy setting the timing so that it doesn't pink (or MacMillan as we petrolheads sometimes call it) rather than follow the book. It's never led me into any trouble.

Reply to
Guy King

Am I right in thinking that super unleaded is close to the 4 star octane rating cant remember what it was

Rich

Reply to
Rich

The message from "Rich" contains these words:

Yes, I think so.

Reply to
Guy King