New windshield hints? 72 MGB

Now that my oldest child has started driving, he's got my main car, and I'm back to the MGB for the winter. Unfortunately, the rubber windshield seal is (most likely) the original, is dried out and leaks. Here in Oregon, rain is a pretty constant reality through the dark months, so I need to get this fixed. I've ordered the new rubber and have found a reputable place that will replace it for me. I can't help but think, though, that there's something I should watch out for.

Any hints on what to do or watch out for in getting the seal changed out?

Thanks, sln

Reply to
Shannon Nelson

There a bugger to put in. Keyed to fit along in the bottom track of the screen. The actual flat bit that goes along the plannum chamber comes curled like closing your hand when fitted this is stretch out like straightening out you hand and pressing your fingers down.

If you can understand this?

This job does not require any sealer along the full length, as it should not leak if properly fitted. Sealer will dry out and not allow the rubber to settle correctly.

This being said it does hold the screen up with the rubber tension and should, after the rubber has settled, be re pushed down and tightened.

make sure they line up the quarter windows so they also don't leak.

Replace the rubbers under each pillar as well.

rm

Reply to
Rob