Re: Austin Healey Sprite

Dad has a 1962 Austin Healey Sprite, I'm pretty sure it is this model - Roadster MK II 2dr Man 4sp 1000 (Aug onwards). Currently it is sitting at my grandparents place under a tarp. It is pretty rusted out and since I can start driving next year and Dad is a mechanic I'm trying to get as much info as possible. I can't find an Austin Healey newsgroup. Is there one? I have also looked for information on restoring sprites but I can't find much Australian info. Can anyone point me to some Australian info on restoring this car?? What sort of money does it cost to completly restore a sprite?? I mean like new pain, seat covers, carpet, removing rust from most of the pannels, pretty much "the works"?

Thanks

Reply to
steve-s