Will Hardtop from S Reg (98) MGF fit any MGF?

Im selling my S reg MGF (baby forces sale!) and was considering selling the hardtop separately on eBay, but wanted to know if it will fit any MGFs of if the design has changed subtly over the years?

...will it still fit an MGTF?

...they seem to go for about £350 on eBay which I think is higher than the value it would add to the value of the car if sold together?

Obviously though if it wont fit many MGFs then it will be harder to sell on its own!

Thanks for any help

David Bevan

David

Your best bet would be to phone a dealer and ask, if you can find one=20 these days! :O)

--=20 Regards

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mason

I phoned my dealer, but all they could say is that the roof angle changed at 'some time' and that it may or may not fit!

...a not very helpful answer!

It would be handy if someone with a newer MGF is using a hardtop from an older car and could let me know?

Thanks

David Bevan

junk1

The problem is you may get duff info from people who think they know and think they are helping.

How about ringing the dealer again, I'd be tempted to call a different one on the basis that they, being dealers, should either know or find out, and ask what the part number is for your year and what the part number is for the newer model TF.

According to the MG Owners Club the same top fits both the F and the TF.

Nick Mason