Wise words?

I've had a good Saturday. I managed to miss shopping and decorating by washing the cars (fixing the MGB)

I had a couple of fixes -

- getting rid of rust on bumpers by scraping with a piece of aluminium. It removes the rust and fills the 'pit' with alley that stops further corrosion

- using WD40 to renovate weathered vinyl and trim T he thought struck me, as one of the 'older lags' (i.e. the first MG I did serious work to - a Mk1 Midget with a heavily machined Cooper 998 block was in 1970 - or more correctly defines as a deep pit to throw money into )

... how about putting forward all those 'everyone knows... unless you are under 30 years old' ideas?

In 1967 I started rowing (like driving a Midget but without the engine and open to the elements) I was given a book called 'Chats on rowing'. It was full of the 'Everyone knows, whose over thirty five that you... ' type bits of information.

How about everyone who does a 'short cut' that everyone knows about putting it on this newsgroup and I'll try to consolidate them on a (non-profitmaking) website. Perhaps it's time some of us older lags recorded our experience???

Views, comments and suggestions gratefully received?

Best regards

Reply to
Martin Akehurst

Like no one does a good boggy job now days.

There has been some very old information given here over the time.

A consolidation site to refer would be good.

rm

Reply to
me