PIC: Special MINI vehicle auctioned off at MINI Design at the Festival of Speed 2018

A very special MINI auction at MINI Design at the Festival of Speed
2018

> Wow - what a great looking MINI. Wonder who the lucky high bidder
will be

> At this year?s edition of the Festival of Speed (FoS) in Goodwood,
taking place on 12 ? 15 July, a quite unique MINI will be offered for
auction. The one-off model was created by Oliver Heilmer, Head of MINI
Design, and his team for the wedding a few weeks ago of Meghan,
Duchess of Sussex, and Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex ? and presented to
one of the couple?s chosen charities, the non-profit organization
Children?s HIV Association (CHIVA).

> Munich/Goodwood. For a quarter of a century, Goodwood in southern
England has hosted one of the most inspirational and accessible events
on the global motor sport calendar. At this year?s edition of the
Festival of Speed (FoS), taking place on 12 ? 15 July, a quite unique
MINI will be offered for auction. The one-off model was created by
Oliver Heilmer, Head of MINI Design, and his team for the wedding a
few weeks ago of Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, and Prince Harry, Duke of
Sussex ? and presented to one of the couple?s chosen charities, the
non-profit organization Children?s HIV Association (CHIVA). The
exclusive MINI 3 door will go up for auction on 13 July.

> A host of details dedicated to the happy couple ensure the MINI is
a genuine one-off. The roof graphic, for example, is essentially an
amalgamation of the US and UK national flags. And when you open the
driver?s and front passenger doors, an exclusive ?Just Married?
welcome message appears on the ground outside. ?We?re delighted that
CHIVA is getting the chance to auction this special MINI at the
Goodwood Festival of Speed,? says Heilmer. ?We?re crossing our fingers
it raises as much money as possible for this great cause.?

> MINI concept cars at the Festival of Speed.
> Every year, the Goodwood Festival of Speed gives vehicles from
different eras the opportunity to strut their stuff ? from pre-war
models to modern-day Formula One racers. The event is all about speed
(as the name implies) and visitors enjoy an up-close experience of the
racing cars on show. One highlight is the open access to the paddock
throughout the Festival of Speed and the interaction between visitors
and racing personalities of greater and lesser fame. The 2018 edition
of the FoS also sees MINI presenting two design studies: the MINI
Electric Concept and MINI John Cooper Works GP Concept, which were
unveiled for the first time at last year?s International Motor Show
(IAA) in Frankfurt.
The MINI Electric Concept & MINI John Cooper Works GP Concept.

> The MINI Electric Concept is surging into the future on a wave of
innovation. The design study offers an early taster both of MINI?s
first fully-electric model (scheduled for presentation in 2019) and
urban mobility over the years ahead. Urban mobility has always been
part of the MINI brand?s DNA and the city its natural habitat.

> Bookending the MINI line-up at Goodwood is the MINI John Cooper
Works GP Concept. Inspired by the brand?s legendary racing success in
Monte Carlo exactly 50 years ago, this concept car offers
uncompromising dynamics and the ultimate in driving fun.

View the attachments for this post at:

Reply to
MummyChunk

Site Timeline Threads