Flasher relays

That's the third flasher relay since November that packed up this evening on my '87 Mayfair. Any clues? Voltage stabiliser perhaps? Not sure where that is.

Reply to
Paul Prescott

Paul, think you may just be suffering a bad batch- three were two types: the longer tin cylinder is the better of the two. Unipart p/n is GFU2125. You could try for a solid state bistable 555 timer?? Sorry - no further details.

Cashman

Reply to
TC

Yep after the wiring gets old I have found that solid state ones will work whereas the bimetal strip falter.

Reply to
Rob

There is no actual voltage stabiliser on later Nippon Seiki type instruments as the device is built into the clock or so I'm told. On the Smiths instruments there used to be a unit that fitted on to the back but that all changed when they dropped Smiths late in 1985?

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Thanks, Taffy, Cashman & Rob. I didn't know there was a solid state version. Although I've been running Minis since 1970, I've not had one on the road since 1972 until last November. All the Minis in between have had minimal "wiring" for competition use. =8¬]

Paul

Reply to
Paul Prescott