Says It All Really!

Every Christmas BBC1 shows "The Italian Job" (1969) at prime time and they even showed it after that England winning football match this summer too!

But next week C4 (S4C in my area) are going to screen the so called remake or "The LA Job" as it should have been called instead.

Yes C4 the channel nobody watches!

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Taffy.....get a life. Too much T.V. has made you into a zombie.

Reply to
Madmax

I wonder what the ratings would be on that one Taff, Personally I don't rate Re-makes at all, I haven't found one yet, that has out performed the original, and this one is no different, Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy.

Look again....the remake has out grossed the outdated by a landslide.

Reply to
Mark

Hey...Tuffy and Fizzle.... Today is International Disadvantaged People's Day. Please send an encouraging message to a retarded friend, just as I've done. I don't care if you lick windows, interfere with farm animals, vote liberal or occasionally sh*% yourself.......You hang in there sunshine, you're freaking special...

Reply to
madmax

Yeah....couple of h*mo's!

Reply to
baarspeed and his homosexual n

Well if it has outgrossed the far superior original then thats because most Yanks are brain dead morons who will watch any old shit because the average Hollywood movie these days has an all American cast with America under attack and lots and lots of big guns and explosions and then America saving the day with a "GOD BLESS AMERICA!" type ending, then all the sad gits little hearts are warmed and Hollywood has been playing on this for years.

Unfortunatly it's not only "The Italian Job" that got ruined, it's also other British classics like "Get Carter", "Alfie" plus "The Wicker Man" too just for starters and it's all just proof that Hollywood has run out of ideas and is now also remaking it's own movies which weren't that good first time round anyway!

So it just proves how insular America is and the average Yank has no idea of history or knowledge of other nations culture.

Still I expect the real/original/best "The Italian Job" (1969) starring Michael Caine and a cast of other British favourites plus a host of awesome motors including the MKI Mini Cooper S will grace our screens again this Christmas thanks to BBC1.

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Looks like Taffy needs to look in the mirror. This time with the lights on.

Reply to
madmax

Well at least I don't walk around with a bag over my head whilst carrying a chain saw for comfort, Texas boy!

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Are they Jehovah's Witnesses or pond keepers?

Reply to
Flushing Express

Yes!

Reply to
Madmax

Oh GAWD, then all is lost.

Reply to
Flushing Express

I had a flushing express after a chili omelet for breakfast. Now my ass is on fire and I won't let my girlfriend, Fitzy, enter. Oh, I'm soooo tender right now.

Reply to
Taffy