1990 Mits van - took out dashboard, idle stutter result

I had to pull out the entire dashboard setup of a 1990 Mits cargo van, the first time I've attempted such a feat. It seemed to go back together well, everything works well, except that the van now tends to stutter when idling. Esp after driving for a bit, it sometimes stops running at streelights. I replaced the battery, thinking that was it, and since the battery was about due, but that didn't change anything. There are no alternator lights. It's been like this about a week now and probably the stutter is slightly lessened.

I did have to mess with the wiring, the goal of the dash removal was to extract on old alarm system that was going off for no good reason at awkward times. I clipped and dead ended the wiring for that system, and pulled out the guts. I would be surprised if I messed up something radical with that, else I'd have not expected the van to work at all.

The condition is just like a long ago problem I had with a vacuum advance, where at idle it stopped advancing the rotor position or whatever it was.

Can anyone with more experience venture a "it sounds like a problem with xyz" guess? I'm not much of a mechanic. I'd just hate to take it is for a service if there is some obvious condition that might be causing it that I can rectify.

Thanks

Reply to
rusty cranbrook