91' eclipse, quarter panel damage

My son was bumped last week and there's some damage to passenger rear quarter panel by the door...all pushed in beneath the side molding but it didn't crack the paint.

Over the summer, when replacing speakers, he had removed the rear seat and plastic trim. Can he reach the damage area to push it back out if he removes the backseat and trim?

With 130,000, is it worth getting it fixed, even by the other drivers ins co?

Maybe I'm asking in the wrong group?

Thanks!

margo

Reply to
scouts

It's been quite a while since I was in my 1992 the only thing I can think of off hand that would be in the way is the power seat belt motor if it has them.

Maybe, maybe not. The turbo versions of these cars, espacially the GSX can bring a pretty good penny, for their age, if they are in good shape. Even the non turbo 2.0 is a reliable long lasting motor, should be good for about 200,000 Mi with good maintenence and proper care. I've seen the turbo motors go for 250,000. Some sources say the 4G63 is one of the toughest 4 cyl out there. The 1.8 isn't quite as desireable. But if the other person's insurance is going to pick up the tab I'd let them espacially if the rest of car is in good shape.

Regards, Chance

Reply to
Chance

Thanks Chance!

It has power seat belts and it has the 1.8. We're on the 3rd engine.

Guess I'll just have to flip a coin to decide.

Reply to
scouts