Bad drivers O.T.

and

John Poulos

Not sure, John - but the second driver might have gotten some bad hand signals. The first driver was drinking too much expresso maybe?

Reply to
zoombot

I recently had a law suit filed on me by a clueless gal who side swiped me on my way to Omaha. It happened just north of Houston when she made a very abrupt lane change from a barely moving rt lane into the 35 mph 2nd lane I was in, apparently without looking or grossly over estimating the stopping ability of my rig, which does have brakes on all wheels. She told me at the scene that I had better have insurance because she had her signal on, and I just rear ended her when she changed lanes. She told the cop the same thing, and he observed that the damage to her car (which was extensive) was all on the left side of her car. It isn't smart to try to push a pick up pulling a 40 ft. trailer out of his lane. Her insurance paid $700.00 for my minor damages, and informed me that they had paid $3400.00 to fix her car under her collision coverage. Now, she found an ambulance chasing young atty. to sue me for the damages to her car plus compensation for unspecified "debilitating injuries". The suit states that I was speeding and changed lanes into her! No doubt the plan is to ask for the moon, and then hope my carrier will settle for a lesser amt out of court. My ins. co lawyer said they do not play that game, and I hope she is telling me the truth.

Reply to
Barry

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@l53g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

oldcarfart

Received a notice of non-suit, so am thankful. BH

Reply to
Barry