97 Spyder brake question

Hi all, I just got a call from a lady with a 97 Spyder. After winter storage the rear brakes are locked. It was stored with the parking brake applied, so I'm guessing (at this point) that either a cable/pivot has frozen or the linings are stuck to the surface that they apply to. I'm wondering what type of parking brake system this car has. (integral to the rear caliper, drum and shoes on the inside of the rotor, other?). I guess I'm also making a big assumption that the vehicle has rear disc brakes. I'll be inspecting the car tomorrow evening. Any input is very much appreciated.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

If disk brakes there is a small drum integral with the rotor, with mini brake shoes for the parking brake.

Reply to
John

Yep, Checked it out today. Both rear parking brakes are locked solid,

Reply to
Tom Adkins

Not sure how to loosen them up wd40 maybe? Just have to clean the discs really well afterwards...

Reply to
John

She's having the car towed here tomorrow. I've got to dig into it. The rotors look pretty grody. I think she's looking at a complete rear brake rebuild. We'll see once I get into it. This car appears to have some underbody rust issues. I'll know more when I get it up in the air.

Reply to
Tom Adkins