RE: ML320 - 2000 Rear brakes, disk and drum combo?

I recently replaced the rotor and disk brake pads all around on my ML320 and was surprised to find the rear rotors contained a set of drum brakes as well. Are these solely for the purpose of the parking brake?

When I was shopping for the parts I saw reference to parking brake drum pad sets, so I am guessing that's what it is. If anyone can confirm or set me straight I would appreciate it.

Reply to
PerroBambos

Yes, those are parking brake assembly... you rarely if ever have to change those pads.

Reply to
Tiger

Unless you go driving around with it engaged!

Reply to
Martin Joseph