Burning oil '98 GS-T eclipse

Outlet positioned differently? Exhaust outlet? When you say adapt the plumbing, are there adapter kits or is this homemade fabrication? How much of a job?

The 14B is a decent turbo, a

Went to DMSTUNERS and got an answer on controlling boost before your reply - thanks

Been using dmstuner since I go the car, they have answered most all questions that I have had. Thanks for the other links, I'll check them out.

Reply to
Gorf

answered my own questions through research, if anyone else in interested:

What is positioned differently is the outlet for pressurized air that goes to the intercooler. On a stock 2g the outlet is on the bottom and the hose comes straight across to the intercooler. With the 14b, 16g turbos the out let is on the top toward the front, so you need a "J" pipe to turn it down towards the intercooler hose. Since I have not done this I still don't know if the stock hose is long enough to hook up to the j pipe or if you need a new hose or a hard pipe for the intercooler. The only other thing is that you need to re-plumb the oil lines, sounds do-able enough.....

Reply to
Gorf

look here for the kit for the 16g to the 2nd g gs-t. It was in Billy's last post.

Update on my (actually my son's) GS-T T25 rebuild. Paid $75 for a kit. Installed it. Marked the compressor fan to the shaft so it would go back like it was.(balanced) It was really a piece of cake to do. Seems my oil burning has stopped. Also installed a boost gauge and it hits 13psi and does it like right now. My son was playing with an aftermarket blow-off valve and he said when he pushes it, it will hit about 18 psi. I told him to put the original back on before he kills the engine. I thought the computer controlled the boost through the waste gate but I guess not....Is the stock Blow-off set at or near 13psi?....or maybe its not seeing knock so it lets it go up???...There is not an aftermarket boost control on the car. I'm gonna have to read up on it. So far, so good though. :) Anyone know how much horsepower this car should have to the wheels? There's a guy in town with a dyno and I'm thinking about running it. I've seen 210 listed but I would assume that is at the flywheel.

Reply to
Shoe Salesman