Charging system '90 eclipse

The alternator isn't charging the battery for my 2 liter turbo '90 eclipse...the fusable link for the alternator looks good. The battery/charging light DOES NOT
light up when turning the key on to start, nor when the engine is running. So does this bulb being out prevent the alternator from working? A wiring diagram would be great--can give my FAX no.. It may be related to an attempt to jump start another car. We have a good, tight alternator belt of course and a good battery.

eclipse.
OK, get out your voltmeter and connect it directly to the alternator output terminal. With the engine OFF, you should read battery voltage. Start the engine. The voltage should go up to about 14v or so if the alternator is working. If there's no change, othe voltage actually drops, your alternator is fried. Get a replacement from your local parts store.
Stewart DIBBS www.vysor.com/lancerproject