Programming Keyless entry remote 2003 Mitsubishi

Just programmed my new remotes for my 2003 Galant this may work for other models....

A maximum of four different codes can be stored in the EEPROM memory (four different transmitters can be used). When the code for the first transmitter is registered, the previously registered codes for all transmitters are cleared. Therefore, if you are using four transmitters or are just adding more transmitters, the codes for all transmitters must be registered at the same time.

The "Connector" referred to below is the OBD-II connector found under the driver dash, near the rear of the center console. Most shadetree mechanics do not have this piece of equiptment so there is an alternative, just ground the number 1 pin of the obd connector.

Here's the procedure...

  1. Check that the doors lock normally when the key is used.

  1. Insert the ignition key, it is not necessary to turn it on.

  2. Connect the scan tool to the data link connector. If the scan tool is not used, ground terminal (1) of the data link connector. (the system will be in registration mode.)

*** Pin 1 is located on the top left side looking at the connector with the widest part on top***

\ * 1 * 2* 3 * 4 * 5 * 6 * 7 * 8 * / \*9*10*11*12*13*14*15*16*/

  1. Press the hazard switch six times within 10 seconds.(ie: on and off 3 times) At this time all doors lock and unlock and the system goes into registration mode.

  1. Press the remote unlock button 3 times within 10 seconds. This will register the first code.

  2. The doors lock and unlock to show it has registered the remote.

  1. For additional transmitters, press the next transmitter 3 times within one minute after registering the code for the first . After the second registration is completed, the doors lock and unlock.

  2. Registration mode will be canceled under the following conditions: . When the secret code for four transmitters has been registered; . When one minute has been passed after registration mode started; . When scan tool MB991502 is disconnected (or the ground connection is broken); . When the key is removed from the key cylinder;

  1. After the registration is completed, and then check that the keyless entry system operates normally. . Remove the ignition key. . Close all of the doors with the newly programmed remotes.

Hope this will help someone, it took me a while to find the correct programming sequence.

Reply to
Glenn

How "exactly" do I ground terminal 1 (Pin 1)? What do I use to ground it, wire? I have no connector or scan tool etc and have 2 additional remotes to program- Thanks

Reply to
era

You can ground it with a wire to the nut that holds the seat down.

Reply to
Glenn

Thanks, Glen. I'm assuming this works for a 3 Button remote ie, w/trunk release as well as lock and unlock so I'll go ahead and follow your advice. Which is VERY much appreciated. BTW- my Galant is the 2003 ES V6 model. Thanks!

Reply to
era