Engine Replacement

I am considering an engine replacement on my son's 94 3GT (non-turbo) and found a company called Orient Engine

seems to have the best price for a complete engine ($2649 with 3 year unlimited mileage warranty). Everyone else is asking $3700+.

Anyone familiar with this company or know of anyone who has done business with them in the past? I just want to gain a confort level on who am dealing with.

Thanks!

Reply to
Carl

For that sort of money, and since you will be paying as well for the labour to remove/replace the old engine, plus replace the timeing belts and water pump etc, you could get the old one reconditioned, unless its TOTALLY fried or damaged. The replacement engine may or may not be in good condition, and you can bet the guarantee only covers the cost of the engine, not the labour to put it in and take it out, twice.

A rebuild does not have to mean rebore and new pistons: in most cases all that required is bore hone, new rings and bearings, seals etc, water pump, belts, and recon the heads. Then you'll have an engine that's going to last the remaining life of the car.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS