hardwiring neons

What is the best way to wire neon lights into my 97 eclispse. I know I want to hardwire them so that no wires are visible, but what should I use to power them. Should I run them into the fuse box or should i try to splice them into another existing light. There is a light that is always on when the car is on that is located in the ash tray in the center console, I guess I could splice into that one. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
justcurious

Is going through the battery the only way to have the lights on when the car is off?

Reply to
justcurious

No, from the fusebox is another option, an in my opion, tidier. You will want to use a switch so that you can turn them off if required.

Greg.

Reply to
Greg

I have bought two lighted rocker switches so that I can turn them off. This is really complex though. There a remote control source that is hooked up to the lights. My plans were to hook the remote box up to the fuse box(if that will let me use them when the car is off) or to the battery (if neccesary)then run the remote box to the two rocker switches. That way I can leave the remote box on and just use the switches or leave the switches on and play tricks on innocent bystanders. lol. What all will I need to run the power from the fuse box. Obviously I'll need a fuse, but what are the other steps?

Reply to
justcurious

I have bought two lighted rocker switches so that I can turn them off. This is really complex though. There a remote control source that is hooked up to the lights. My plans were to hook the remote box up to the fuse box(if that will let me use them when the car is off) or to the battery (if neccesary)then run the remote box to the two rocker switches. That way I can leave the remote box on and just use the switches or leave the switches on and play tricks on innocent bystanders. lol. What all will I need to run the power from the fuse box. Obviously I'll need a fuse, but what are the other steps?

Reply to
justcurious

Tap into an existing live wire on the back of the fuse box. (make sure it's the protected side, ie not live when the fuse is pulled) HTH Greg

Reply to
Greg

If you haven't got a clue what you're doing, get someone who does to do it for you. You may just save yourself a bit of grief and some costly smoke later.

Reply to
Lugnut