97 Neon value

Last year my wife put a grand total of 800 km on her 97 Plymouth Neon 2 door 5 speed. Since she makes so little use of the car, we want to sell it, but are having trouble finding what a reasonable asking price would be. Total of 50,000 km on the odometer; the body has a few minor dents and scrapes, and the car is mechanically sound and has had regular maintenance.

Anyone know the current going price in Ontario for such a car?

Cheers

Reply to
Indrek Aavisto

Where are you located? I may be interested in it. If I was to guess, you are in Sudbury? Thank you,

Michael Lawrence CNET/CNO

----- Original Message ----- From: "Indrek Aavisto" Newsgroups: rec.autos.makers.chrysler Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2004 3:40 PM Subject: 97 Neon value

Reply to
Michael

Just over a year ago my daughter paid $5000 for a '98 2 door Neon Sport 5 speed DOHC with just over 100,000Km on it - and figures she got a deal.. Air is not working, has alloy rims and good rubber - safetied and E-tested. Central Ontario.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Your guess is correct: Sudbury it is.

Cheers,

Reply to
Indrek Aavisto

Please send her to Florida! I'll come up with dozens of cars, a few bridges and some fabulous ocean front property for her! Even overly optimistic Edmunds lists that car at $1500 and then surbtract 1k for a/c repair and well.. you get the picture.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

You guys live in a different world down there. $1500 US is about $2300 to $2400 Canadian Pesos - and for that it is hard to find a certified, e-tested car that has less than 200,000KM (120,000 miles) on it.

I just sold my 1988 New Yorker Landau Mark Cross with 153000 miles (246000km) on it for $2400 on the weekend. First guy that looked at it too, and no dickering.

The Neons not only sell well, they are also stolen in high numbers.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

You know that Neon I was just talking about? The one my daughter paid $5000 for last year? It was just stolen this morning. Hopefully it will be found without too much damage - otherwise we have to go car shopping again.

If it is recovered, we will need to either order a brand new steering column or get one shipped in from a good distance, as every wrecker in the area has been totally cleaned out of Neon columns. (due to the theft problem) We know for sure the column is damaged, as the thieves left the ignition cyl behind.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Where are you located? Did they recover your Neon? I am located in Woodbridge Ontario and have a full steering collumn from a Neon. Someone tried stealing my girlfriend's Neon a few weeks ago. I obtained a whole steering collumn from a wrecking yard the following day, but did not use it. Let me know if you need it. It includes the air bag and everything except the turn indicator switch.

Mike e-mail mlawrenc(at)rcc.on.ca

Reply to
Mike

After the attempted threft of my girlfriend's 95 neon, I have started working on a very simple method of preventing the car from being started when they are attempting to steal it. On the left side of the stearing collumn, there is the ignition switch attached to the locking component. There is two wiring connections to this switch. Locate the power wire that is connected to the relay that activates the starter motor. Cut this wire and add a two way switch. connect the switch so one position will allow the starter to work correctly. Now take the other connection on the switch, and wire it to the positive connection on the car's horn. Make these connections either inside the dash or under the hood in order to hide the modification. Mount the switch somewhere out of site. Now the car will not start, and it will also sound the horn. The design I am working on also has a flashing LED in each door when the switch is flipped to non-starting, and also has 20 hert cicuit connected to the power amp that drives the subs in the trunk. So now the horn sounds and the windows in the house shake. Can almost guarentee the car is not leaving the driveway unnoticed.

Mike mlawrenc(at)rcc.on.ca

Reply to
Mike

So you're one of these fuckwads with subwoofers. Tell us, do you turn 'em off and lower the volume on your stereo when you drive through residential areas, especially after 10 at night?

...I bet you don't...

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

They found it 5pm this morning. It was towed to a shop for insurance estimate late today - I'll be seing it tomorrow.

Is yours Standard shift and tilt?? What colour?

I'm just down the highway in Waterloo.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Actually, I do. My neighbor was supprised that I had a sterio in the car. I only really listen to it loud when I am on the highway with the windows down.

-- Thank you,

Michael Lawrence CNET/CNO snipped-for-privacy@thehad.net

Michael

Cool idea. So how many decibels would the speakers have to put out to make them bleed from their ears or have a heart attack?

Bill Putney

I believe it is in the 180db area and up. My speaker setup is capable of

158db (only had them that loud once for testing). When the switch sets off the subs, I think that they are set at about 100db. Not too loud, but enough at 20herts to make everything rattle. I had considered going with at 25khz -30khz (don't remember the exact frequency) and make them extremely sick, but I would rather know they are there, and maybe, by chance catch them in time, then make them sick, and have to clean up after them.

Mike

Reply to
Michael