HELP MY CAR KEEPS CUTTING OFF!!

I want to thank the people who have helped me so far with my problem. It was reccomended I check the ecu pc board. I found the ecu mounted in the engine compartment. I removed the unit and opened it up, it's filled with some type or resin or something so I'm unable to check to see if the copacitors are shot or not any pointers on what to do next? I'm not sure if I should remove the resin or what. Also, does anyone know where I can purchase a good used ECU? I hear that Mitshubishi wants $1100 for one, that is more than I paid for the car. Any help you can give me will be greatly appriciated.

Reply to
L.E.C.

L.E.C.,

This company was recommended in a DSM-specific web site. I have no personal experience with them. They advertise rebuilt ECU's for $175, with "advance exchange" with a $150 core deposit.

Good luck. I'm in a similar situation - please let us all know how things go.

Karl Perry

Reply to
Karl Perry