92 Maxima Alarm wont shut off.

Hi I'm new to the board... I have had my 1992 Nissan Maxima for 2 years. I am now having issues with the factory alarm system.. I locked my doors, and when I came out of the store and Unlocked the drivers side door, the alarm went off and wouldn't go off no matter how many times I turned the key on the door lock, you can't even start it while the alarm is going off because it disables the car from starting... I was wondering if there is a way to bypass the alarm or unhook the whole alarm unit somehow so I no longer have to deal with it... Does anyone know what I could do for this situation? Please help me, I'd greatly appreciate it... Thanks... Oh and another thing, When I go to unlock the door (Drivers Side) aren't all the other doors supposed to unlock at the same time? Thanks. :)

Reply to
92NissanMaxima83

On my 01 Pathfinder, you have to turn the key in the unlock direction twice to unlock all doors. One turn only unlocks the driver door.

Where's your remote? Or did they have them back then? (Not being sarcastic, I've only had remote for less than a year.)

-- TFM®

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate... ;-)

Reply to
TFM®

~ ~"92NissanMaxima83"

[...]

On my '94 GXE, when the door is unlocked without a key the alarm goes off and the way to stop it is to put the key into the ignition and turn it. You can test this by opening the drivers window and locking the car. Wait 30 seconds or so for it to arm, then open the lock, thru the open window and be prepared to jump in quick and key the ignition.

I don't recall being able to unlock all doors with the key, but I may have forgotten (the car has been gone almost four years now).

Reply to
Father Guido