L200 4wd repower

Guys I'm hoping you can help. I've got a Mint 1 owner 100,000k L200

2.0 4wd ute but the old guy that had the ute drove slow and short. i use it alot now but need more power to tow etc. The engine I think is a g63bSOHC. What engines can i bolt in or parts to add on that will get the power I need to tow a reasonable trailor and want to retain 4wd. Part of the tow problems are just that the engine is tired but the rest of the ute is mint (Deck paint is under carpet and still polished!!) so expect to keep for a while.

Any help/ideas would be appreciated. Will a g63b twin cam motor bolt up to the box?

Reply to
Kent

All of the following from FWD or AWD vehicles:

4G63 2.0L sohc 8v don't bother, is essentially the same as what you have. 4G63 2.0L dohc 16v Good choice with a better power band than the sohc 4G64 2.4L sohc 16v Plenty of torque from 1993+ versions. Don't use the earlier 4G64 sohc 8v, it's junk. 4G63 2.0L dohc 16v turbo. Ultimate solution with bags ot torque.

One thing you need to watch for is where the engine mount brackets are located on the block. Your N-S block may have different locations vs the FWD blocks.

You will of course need the ECU and the air cleaner bits to make this work. Also your exhaust system will need some adjustment.

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS