Mitsu Lease

Don't have a mechanical question but I'm trying to get out of my Mitsubishi Montero lease in one of the lease assumption sites. Need to know if anyone has had positive or negative experiences that they would like to share. What kind of fees or costs could I plan on incurring? Does MMCA allow a transfer / lease assumption? I have to try to get out of the Montero. Gas is killing us, family has adjusted to two rows of seats, and income is forcing us to make adjustments. Any suggestions / experiences will be appreciated.

Diego

Reply to
Diego A. M.

About the only safe way to get out of an auto lease is to work directly with the company that financed the lease. It will cost you some money that you probably don't want to spend but it is really the only safe way. Most leases are not assumable. The next person that takes over your lease may or may not pay it on time and YOU are still responsible. It could easily be a very bad deal for you.

GB

Diego A. M. wrote:

Reply to
gray-beard

I'm sorry for your luck, but why did you lease a SUV in the first place? Were you counting on George W's energy policy to help you out? Or was it the "second coming" that you expected?

Reply to
Nobody U. Know