Mitsubishi Motors

Do you think, would be "advisable" to buy a Mitsubishi car today? I'm talking about its financial problems and the recent decision of Daimler to pull out of a rescue plan. Regards Ferr

Reply to
FG

Probably not. Mitsu has some quality issues. They just haven't stood beside their product like others. They aren't any lower in quality, but they tend to void warranties and find ways to back out of them. This has been a corporate policy across the board. They used to make good cars and stand behind them. They haven't done that in over 10 years.

I own three of them. When things break under warranty, they void it because you used an aftermarket air freshener. Something like "well the fumes from that unauthorized air freshener probably leaked into the transmission and caused the thing to fall out."

Reply to
Nobody U. Know

You should remind that Mitsubishi motor had concealed defects of cars again and again in order to avoid expenses of recall.

Reply to
SB

Would you trust a company that covers up recalls on dodgy built cars?

-- All the best Dan. ... and tonight on the Jerry Springer show "farmers who abuse their hoes"

Reply to
RVi

About 5-6 ? years ago I had a nine month tussle with the UK concessionaires to rectify what I considered to be a a petrol tank problem on a Carisma. The plastic tank had expanded and the tank neck had cracked the plastic threaded ring which retains the fuel pump in the top of the tank. Eventually they fitted a new tank assembly and next time I filled up I shut down the local garage. The fuel pump top plate was cracked on the new tank assembly .....

Their position was that they had a special tool (ie a wrench) which would fit the new threaded ring to the old oversize tank neck. But you could not even get the new ring started on the old tank because the neck had swollen to about 132 millimetres - should have been 130 as I recall.

CW

Reply to
C W

Thats typical of them you have to keep on them until the actually do something about it. Typical Mitsubishi sweeps all problems under the carpet.