motor swap and complications with 93 eagle summit

I have a 93 eagle summit that had a 1.5L engine that i recently just switched because i had a guy tell me it was compatible with a mirage

91-96.I took a 1.5L from a 96 mirage that i have but after installing i ran into a few issues.The 96 engine runs a crank sensor and theres a few fuel hoses that the car doesn't have the hook up for.I was wondering if there was any way to go around the crank sensor to get the motor to fire and if i could switch my intake plentium so my fuel hoses are compatible?If not what would i have to do in order to make this motor work in this car?

Thanks so much in advance......

Reply to
CandTalways

You most likely can swap the intake plenum. Since the 96 appears to have an external crank angle sensor and the 93 has the CKP (crank) and CMP (cam) sensors inside the distributor, the simplest solution would appear to be to use the orginal distributor. You should realise that the 93 has one O2 sensor and the 94/95 models have two. The 96 probably requires two as well. Be aware that the O2 sensors are outrageously expensive. One (non-OEM) has a list of $321 last time I checked. You would need the 96 ECU to go with it all.

All this comes back to replacing the 96 intake and distributor systems (if possible) on to the 96 engine core. If swapping the distributor is possible (it may not be) you are faced with getting schematics for both engines, and adjusting the 93 wiring to 96 specs. Its not difficult, just tedious, and the second O2 sensor has to be fitted after the cat.

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS